The drivers of economic dynamism have become the drivers of economic distress Read more →
George Magnus is an independent economist and commentator, an Associate at the China Centre, Oxford University, and an adviser to some asset management companies.
He is a regular contributor to the Financial Times, Prospect Magazine and other written media, and appears regularly on BBC TV and radio, Bloomberg TV and other outlets.
- Josephine Moulds, The Daily Telegraph
- Xi Jinping won’t be able to save Communist China from disaster
- The End of China as We Know It?
First aired: 10th Novermber,Read more →
- China’s troubled property market faces a painful reckoning
The chairman of Evergrande, one of China’s largest developers, is under investigation as the country’s economic challenges mount. Read more →
- Flux in China’s top ranks could be a moment of acute geopolitical risk
Between domestic political and economic turbulence, we are approaching a tipping point Read more →
- Xi Jinping’s Mission to Re-frame Global Governance
Xi Jinping's governance agenda is a serious attempt to try and frame the global system, even if the chances of success are low Read more →