Podcast with Jim Pethokoukis of the American Enterprise Institute: recorded 14th February 2019. Listen here….http://www.aei.org/multimedia/ep-128-red-flags-in-xis-china-political-economy-with-james-pethokoukis/
George Magnus is an independent economist and commentator, an Associate at the China Centre, Oxford University, and an adviser to some asset management companies.
He is a regular contributor to the Financial Times, Prospect Magazine and other written media, and appears regularly on BBC TV and radio, Bloomberg TV and other outlets.
- Josephine Moulds, The Daily Telegraph
- When the rulebook is torn up by populists, the whole world loses
First published: The Times 24/08/2019
At the last count Germany,Read more →
- Yuan’s Slide Is Gold Standard Moment for China
The yuan anchor for China, Asian trade, the global monetary system and US China relations now looks a lot less solid Read more →
- Boris Johnson’s “boosterism” strategy could pay off politically
The new PM is betting that he can pump up enough confidence—and money—to see him through a difficult autumn Read more →
- Red Flags discussion on line with Bloomberg’s John Authers and Shuli Ren
An online transcript of Q and A related to Red Flags: Why Xi's China is in Jeopardy Read more →
- China’s economic growth has halved—and it is set to halve again
The immediate problem is the trade war but there are structural issues at home causing deeper malaise Read more →