China’s economy faces uncertainty and choppy waters in the years ahead, a trend that the trade conflict with the United States seems likely to deepen. Read more →
George Magnus is an independent economist and commentator, an Associate at the China Centre, Oxford University, and an adviser to some asset management companies.
He is a regular contributor to the Financial Times, Prospect Magazine and other written media, and appears regularly on BBC TV and radio, Bloomberg TV and other outlets.
- Josephine Moulds, The Daily Telegraph
- Will The Trade Conflict Confound China’s Ambitions?
- Shadows loom over China’s 70th birthday celebrations
Trade tensions, Hong Kong and economic slowdown pose threats to the Communist party Read more →
- China in the 2020s: a more difficult decade?
The China narrative that Beijing propagates and many echo looks comfortable enough. But as a new decade dawns, it is less robust and more brittle than often assumed. Read more →
- When the rulebook is torn up by populists, the whole world loses
First published: The Times 24/08/2019
At the last count Germany,Read more →
- Yuan’s Slide Is Gold Standard Moment for China
The yuan anchor for China, Asian trade, the global monetary system and US China relations now looks a lot less solid Read more →
1 hour ago
13 hours ago
14 hours ago
17 hours ago
22 hours ago