Indicators suggest that something is not right at all Read more →
Global Economy + Finance
George Magnus is an independent economist and commentator, an Associate at the China Centre, Oxford University, and an adviser to some asset management companies.
He is a regular contributor to the Financial Times, Prospect Magazine and other written media, and appears regularly on BBC TV and radio, Bloomberg TV and other outlets.
- Josephine Moulds, The Daily Telegraph
- Watch the financial cycle: are we headed for recession?
- Hong Kong is going to cost China
HK may be an economic minnow in China now, but in finance, it punches at heavyweight league Read more →
- China is speeding ahead but the brakes may well change things sharply
The assertion that China's economy will soon be the largest in the world is a factoid Read more →
- The threat of recession looms over this G20 summit
The US-China trade war could soon tip the world economy into a downturn Read more →
- Xi Jinping backs off Hong Kong — for now
Hong Kong’s worst political crisis since the handover in 1997 is far from over The Communist Party will not accept a situation where Hong Kongers have recourse to civil disobedience Hong Kong protestors want the extradition bill withdrawn altogether — and Carrie Lam’s resignation Read more →
4 hours ago
6 hours ago
24 hours ago
1 day ago
2 days ago