Between domestic political and economic turbulence, we are approaching a tipping point Read more →
Europe + UK
George Magnus is an independent economist and commentator, an Associate at the China Centre, Oxford University, and an adviser to some asset management companies.
He is a regular contributor to the Financial Times, Prospect Magazine and other written media, and appears regularly on BBC TV and radio, Bloomberg TV and other outlets.
- Josephine Moulds, The Daily Telegraph
- Flux in China’s top ranks could be a moment of acute geopolitical risk
- Xi Jinping’s Mission to Re-frame Global Governance
Xi Jinping's governance agenda is a serious attempt to try and frame the global system, even if the chances of success are low Read more →
- Another False Dawn for China’s Private Sector?
Beijing has announced new measures to support private companies. Its recent track record invites skepticism.Another False Dawn for China’s Private Sector? Read more →
- Is a declining China even more dangerous for the West?
The ‘inevitable rise’ has stalled, with signs of economic stagnation and ....Beijing may react to the setbacks by rattling its sabres Read more →
- China’s recent economic woes suggest there is something seriously amiss
Underlying longer-term weaknesses in the economy are bound up with Beijing’s repressive political system Read more →