Sino-American trade war could trigger a currency shock in Asian markets Read more →
George Magnus is an independent economist and commentator, an Associate at the China Centre, Oxford University, and an adviser to some asset management companies.
He is a regular contributor to the Financial Times, Prospect Magazine and other written media, and appears regularly on BBC TV and radio, Bloomberg TV and other outlets.
- Josephine Moulds, The Daily Telegraph
- The looming threat of a yuan depreciation
- Political heat is rising in China’s summer
Xi Jinping's unassailability over the winter is being challenged by numerous developments this summer Read more →
- Beidaihe, and the shifting sands in trade, CNY and economic policy
It's an important time for China's top Party brass to review Trump's trade war and the economy Read more →
- Are we headed for a currency war?
Trade wars do enough harm but the Sino-US dispute continues to escalate Read more →
- Donald Trump has a point about China’s technology abuses
But a further round of tariffs on goods is contentious and damaging Read more →
54 mins ago
4 hours ago
5 hours ago
6 hours ago