George Magnus is an independent economist and commentator, an Associate at the China Centre, Oxford University, and an adviser to some asset management companies.
He is a regular contributor to the Financial Times, Prospect Magazine and other written media, and appears regularly on BBC TV and radio, Bloomberg TV and other outlets.
- Josephine Moulds, The Daily Telegraph
- Yuan’s Slide Is Gold Standard Moment for China
The yuan anchor for China, Asian trade, the global monetary system and US China relations now looks a lot less solid Read more →
- Boris Johnson’s “boosterism” strategy could pay off politically
The new PM is betting that he can pump up enough confidence—and money—to see him through a difficult autumn Read more →
- Red Flags discussion on line with Bloomberg’s John Authers and Shuli Ren
An online transcript of Q and A related to Red Flags: Why Xi's China is in Jeopardy Read more →
- China’s economic growth has halved—and it is set to halve again
The immediate problem is the trade war but there are structural issues at home causing deeper malaise Read more →
- Watch the financial cycle: are we headed for recession?
Indicators suggest that something is not right at all Read more →
2 hours ago
4 hours ago
6 hours ago
8 hours ago
1 day ago